Clinic-Based Occupational Therapy Services: We now have a clinic space located within CLEVER MINDS in Truckee, CA!
Comprehensive evaluation, assessment of current skills, and treatment to address areas of concern. Common areas of concern:
- Difficulty with motor skills: ball skills, timing, bike riding, general incoordination, clumsiness, or awkward grasp
- Difficulty with self-care skills: toileting, dressing, feeding
- Behavior challenges: difficulty with transitions, overly rough with others, refusal to participate in difficult tasks, delayed social skills, low frustration tolerance, rigidity, hitting, kicking or biting
- Disregulation: difficulties with sleep and wake cycles, moody, low frustration tolerance, melt-downs, inflexibility or rigid behaviors
- Sensory Processing Differences: over or under sensitive to touch, smells, sounds, movement; picky eater, decreased body awareness, clumsy, uses too much pressure, fatigues easily, extremely emotional, unresponsive to pain, fearful of swings or heights, or overly active
Therapist meets with parents to discuss ways to support their child in the home, school, or community setting.
- Assist with designing and setting up appropriate and safe bedroom, play room, or therapy room environments.
- Make or locate appropriate adapted equipment to support independence with self-care skills, homework station, computer ergonomics, etc.
- Help to develop daily schedules and routines.
- Develop sensory diet and instruct parent how to carry out strategies to assist their child with sensory processing difficulties.
- Provide parent education and coaching to bolster interactive play skills and teach effective communication and behavior strategies to support the parent/child relationship.
School-Based Occupational Therapy Services:
Contract with public, private, charter, and preschools to provide consultation or direct therapy in accordance with a student’s Individualized Education Plan (IEP), 504 Plan, or for children not receiving special education services. Consult with individual teachers or entire school staff on relevant topics such as improving handwriting skills, dealing with “over-active” or challenging students, understanding sensory processing differences, or incorporating movement into curriculum to support kinesthetic learners. Services to address the following concerns:
- Difficulties with handwriting or other fine motor skills (drawing, cutting, using manipulatives, managing fasteners)
- Difficulties with attention span, sensory processing, or self-regulation impacting ability to learn and remain safe and in control
- Orthopedic impairments or difficulties with gross motor skills/coordination impacting mobility, positioning, or ability to participate in recess or physical education
Community-Based Occupational Therapy Services:
Therapy is provided outside of the school or home environment to improve success while navigating community outings, participating in community activities, or learning new ways to be active outdoors.
- Everyday trips to the grocery store, restaurants, parks, playgrounds, library, playgroups, church, etc.
- Improve skills and build confidence and comfort in the water, kayaking, paddle boarding, bike riding, snow shoeing, cross-country skiing, hiking. Collaborate with coaches or instructors to make club sports or lessons more successful.
Payment for services:
Schools or other agencies: Please contact me for questions regarding contract or per diem therapy services. Special pricing for workshops and teacher trainings.
Parents: Please contact me for all questions relating to payment.